By celebrating Cinco de Mayo in your classrooms, students can learn about other cultures, especially our neighbors to the south. I have a few activities for you to do in your classrooms.
- Students can make their own sombrero cookies.
Just make basic sugar cookies at home. Students can add frosting to the edges and center of the cookie. Add sprinkles and a gumdrop to the cookie. So easy... Click on the image for more ideas from The 36th Avenue Blog.
- Make Caracas - My friend Shelly with Appleastic has the precious freebie craft with informational text about Cinco de Mayo. Make sure to download this free product.
- Show a PowerPoint about Mexico and Cinco de Mayo. Then add additional activities that include Mexican words, mini-book and games.
- Students can create their own Cinco de Mayo lapbook - I've provided lots of templates and websites for research.
- Mexico Research - Students can make a research book about Mexico. I have provided websites for research.